Friday 16 May 2008

just owl-ing around


Thank goodness it's Friday! I've been a busy bee this week. While I am enjoying working from home whenever I can, I do have to be strict and restrict my blog-reading and blog-surfing during business hours... It's so easy to turn ten mins of blogging into two hours! I am intending to have  a craft-ful weekend though so lots of pics of my latest projects in the next few days. In the meantime you can take a look at Mr Treetop Mirab-Owl with his little Owl-ette! They are sitting high on their perch watching the world go by. I must admit I was going to try making two little-ies but I soon realised that the smaller they are, the more time consuming and detailed they need to be (not very appropriate for a softie-newbie like me). I did take some time out yesterday to drop them into Mike's and while they no longer watch me while I work, I know they will be going into a new home with lots of owly-cuddles very soon! In return I treated myself to the latest copy of Mixtape which I started to enjoy over a cuppa earlier today (it was during my lunch break - I promise!). 

9 comments:

Michelle said...

They are very cute, and I'm sure they will love their new home!

CurlyPops said...

They look so sweet up in the tree together!

Laura said...

Happy owly new homes! hope you have a lovely crafty weekend :)

Kirsty said...

I agree about the small issue - I don't get too excited about teeny tiny things.

Hila said...

Hi, I'm so glad I found your blog!
These are adorable; I have a slight owl-fetish :)

Reenie said...

What a gorgeous owl !!

Juddie said...

Oh these are super-cute! I have a thing for owls too. Did you happen to see my post in Janury on some other beautifully-crafted owls?:
http://flightlessboyds.blogspot.com/2008/01/owls.html

flossy-p said...

Owl-ette.. hehehehehe - adorable!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I can totally relate to that 10 minutes turning into hours. I was planning to jam a little bit of work into a spare half hour this morning and now there's only 10 mintues of it left. Might as well keep blogging now!!!